Friday, April 07, 2006

I am not a blogger.

It might just be the alcohol that I absorbed to deal with a wound that won't heal, but I am feeling a bit liberated. I haven't posted in a while, and I have a good excuse. My life has changed and time is a precious commodity. So I don't add to this. I am not a blogger. I have never considered myself such nor do I aspire to be such. Please do not think that I mean any disrespect to those who do call themselves bloggers or that I in anyway think what they do is a waste of their time. I do not. This blog is pretty much at my whim. I consider it more of a personal journal than anything else. I can pretty much say whatever I want or feel. If someone agrees or disagree, so be it. I know, kinda sounds like a blogger attitude, but that's where it stops. I see bloggers as trying to change the world from their little perch by make some kind of social statement. I don't try to do that. I'm kinda leaning towards the Mind of Mencia kind of statement. Its the 'who's a huge dumbass today thing'. That's my perspective. Its funny to me, and at the same time I can express some outrage as well.

Ever since becoming one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children I've stopped joining shit. I just don't want to be included in anyone's group or cliche or whatever. I like being an independent. Its more fun. You get the juicy gossip, but don't have to give a shit if its about you. There are only a handful of people in this world of whom, I care about their opinion of me, and they know who they are. Only one of whom I know reads this. This site, is an extension of my mind. Very few take the time to understand it.

Now if you are a real blogger. My hat is off to you. You have dedication that I do not have. I just hope those of you who consider yourselves bloggers have something worth reading.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... curious... I am a blogger, I guess.... but I've certainly never tried to change anyone's mind..

Eric

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Two Foot Onion said...

Bloggers try to get others to see their point of view. That, if accomplished does change someone's mind, even if just a little. That's the whole point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home