Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Douchenugget of the Week #1

Well, I think I am going to have to start a douchenugget of the week or month post or something like that. It seems that there are so many stepping forward wishing to be recognized. So let's get right into the very first, but not the last to be named as such.

Mr. Fred Phelps, some call him reverend, but I've never been to a church so backwards and so hateful, and I was raised Baptist (currently in recovery, but that is for another time). Mr Phelps and his cult are so desipicable that I won't even waste my webspace to list their site. Lately he has been seen protesting at the funerals of our servicemen and women. It really makes you go "WTF?!??" when someone says that IEDs are God's way of punishing the USA for harboring homosexuality. Why does anyone still care who is gay and who isn't?

I'm a pretty big proponent of free speech, even when it's inflammatory. I was raised in the south where observing a Klan protest march was commonplace, and while I have no place for the Klan's rhetoric, I would much rather sit through one of their rallies than even listen to Mr. Phelps clear his throat.

Thankfully these guys are stepping up to put a boot in Mr. Phelps protesting hindquarters, if only figuratively. Thank you, Patriot Guard Riders. Makes me wish I had a bike too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home